Club Member Events
1:00 PM to 4:00 PM Sun, Mar 3, 2019
Venue: Texas Hills Vineyard Winery
"Just for YOU!"
Kathy and I would like to invite you, our valued wine club members, to join us in this unique opportunity to taste some of the wines from our 2018 harvest and then pre-purchase those wines you like at the same price we sell to Spec’s, HEB, etc.; these wines are called: “FUTURES.”
We will provide a glass of wine and some light hors d’ oeuvres, along with the opportunity to taste FIVE of the 2018 wines, right out of the tank! It’s fun to taste and dream about how you evaluate the product with the knowledge that Gary & the staff at Texas Hills Vineyard will be able to do some “fining” to make what you are tasting even better before they bottle the wine.
The wines with some “Gary” notes:
Chardonnay (Estate) 2018 – Retail $17.95 (Futures pay $12.57 - case $150.84) – as good as it gets, I think it’s our “BEST EVER.”
Kick Butt Cab (Estate) 2018 – Retail $25.00 (Futures pay $17.50 - case $210.00) - Cabernet Sauvignon, all from Texas Hills Vineyard. The 24-year old vines reflect how it got the name Kick Butt Cab! This is our BEST SELLER every year.
Kick Butt Cab 2018 (Newsom) - Retail $29.95 (Futures pay $20.97 - case $251.58) This one really “shows off” Texas wine!
Rosato di Sangiovese 2018 (Estate) – Retail $17.95 (Futures pay $12.57 - case $150.84) -Rose’ done right!
TORO de TEJAS 2018 (Newsom Vineyard) – Retail $19.95 (Futures pay $13.97 - case $167.58) -Tempranillo, Best every time!
Prices: As wine club members, your price is 30% less than retail; however, it is necessary to pre-purchase by the case.
When: Sunday, March 3, 2019 (1-4pm)
How Much: No charge for wine club members – Wine Club Only EVENT!
RSVP a must: RSVP Before February 20, 2019
Call: (830)868-2321 or e-mail: email@example.com
*We have (9) time slots to choose from. Please let us know what time will fit you best*
And, don’t forget to enjoy light hors d' oeuvres and a glass of wine after your tasting!
2:00 PM to 5:30 PM Sat, Mar 23, 2019
Venue: Texas Hills Vineyard
The JOY of Wine!
Sometimes it seems that wine is a little bit intimidating! Shouldn’t be, we just need to gain a little confidence by learning about how to identify all the aromas & flavors of wine. We will work to learn how to identify the characteristic of the aromas, and how the aroma works to affect the flavors, and the enjoyment of wine. Let’s take the intimidation out!
We call this a “Sensory perception workshop”! It will be an afternoon event starting at 2:00 P.M. and should last about 2-3 hours (depending on the depth of discussions) followed by a controlled wine tasting where you will be asked to put into practice what you just learned. We will then use the “learned principles” to evaluate five different Texas Hills Vineyard wines, followed by glass of Kick Butt Cab (pick of the litter) and a snack plate during a discussion of what we learned, sort of a final exam.
Wine is such a subjective thing and there are hundreds of wines available, so what can we learn in 2 or 3 hours that will help us feel more comfortable?
Wine taste is not just what touches your tongue;
- we taste first with our eyes,
- then with our nose,
- then when we put the wine in our mouth we feel it,
- finally, we taste and evaluate wine based on what we have just learned.
We will discuss:
- Words used with wine
- Definition of terms such as “corked”
- Learn about “wine flaws” and how to recognize
- How to read a label and how to interpret that label
- BUT, we will focus on the olfactory side of wine
We will take a real practical approach about how we can “demystify” wine. Our goal is to help you feel more comfortable tasting and recognizing what you taste.
Included for you to take home:
- Worksheets with hints that help you even after you leave the workshop including “wine Faults & How to Recognize”, list of “Classic Wine Descriptor”, list of “varietal descriptors”, all designed to help you continue to learn and evaluate wines.
- “The Wine Aroma Wheel” developed by U.C. Davis professor A.C. Nobel that will help you identify aromas.
- A structured wine appreciation tasting where you can “put into practice” what you just learned.
- A plan to help you advance as far as you want in “wine geekness”.
- Some NEW friends that have some of the same “wine knowledge” that you have.
Price - $35.00 per person (Wine Club $28.00)
When – Saturday, March 23, 2019